Is Hiring A Digital Marketing Agency Worth It?
Updated: Jul 23, 2020
On the fence about working with a digital marketing agency?
Here are some incredible advantages to choosing an online agency.
1. Trends Matter - You’re Always At The Forefront Of The Latest Change If you’ve ever tried to follow the trends, search algorithm updates, and new tactics & strategies in digital marketing released by either Google and/or Facebook, you know how frequently it can change.
Unless you specialise in and have a career in digital marketing, you’re probably not going to be on top of it all.
It takes time to read through articles and press release! Time that you don't have because you're busy running your business. Plus, there are so many different aspects of digital marketing. PPC, Social media, email marketing, SEO, video, content, paid ads…the list of strategies goes on, and you can’t possibly follow what’s trending in all of them.
Enter the digital marketing agency. It’s an agency’s job, our job and lifeblood to stay on top of trends.
If we don’t know about and do the latest and greatest in each channel of digital marketing, we’re not going to be the best at our jobs or retain our clients.
So, part of our time is spent learning and growing along with the industry. So, working with a (good) digital agency means you’ve got someone informing you about the latest and ever-changing trends, and employing it into your unique online campaign strategy.
2. The Element Reliability & Accountability A great agency is going to be both reliable and accountable. Reliability means you can call up your account strategist and have a chat about what’s going on with your campaign or ask about the recent updates with your current strategy.
It means you hear back from your agency swiftly, you trust and rely on them to know about and use the best strategies, and you get the general feeling that they truly care for the work they do and your business. On the accountability side, you’ve got someone who’s accountable for your digital marketing and the numbers behind it.
If you’re losing steam in organic search, for instance, it’s your agency that has the answer as to why it’s happening. If a paid advert fails to bring in the customers you thought it would, your agency is accountable and is able to make the required fixes.
3. Think Of Them As Part Of Your Team You’ve got your own internal marketing team, but adding a digital marketing agency is like extending your own team in a huge way, especially if you’re a small or medium-sized business, you’re probably not going to hire your own paid media specialist, your own paid social person, your own SEO specialist…it’s simply not sustainable.
Instead, hiring an agency gives you an entire team of field specialists in your back pocket.
4. You Keep Your Focus On Business Growth Having a digital agency as a partner means you can focus on all the most important aspects of growing your business. Sure, that includes incredible digital marketing, but you can take a lot of that off your shoulders when there’s a team of reliable, accountable experts doing what needs to be done in order to grow your online presence. Focus on growing your business, not on the day-to-day marketing.
5. You Get Advanced Insights From Advanced Tools There are some pretty amazing tools out there that help digital marketers gain incredibly important insights about your customers, your search visibility, and your overall performance online. The bad news for you is, they can be pretty expensive. By the time you pick out a tool to monitor your search engine visibility, you’re already throwing too much into tools and you need another one to schedule your social media posts, and yet another one to monitor your online reputation and another to even create the posts. Digital agencies often have their own budget for these essential tools and will be able to give you insights from them without you having to purchase the use of them.
These tools can really make or break your ability to market your business effectively.
6. You Gain Objectivity Your business is your baby. Whether you’ve built it all up from an idea, bought it from a family member, or came you into it by chance, you’re close to it. It is yours.
You make all the big decisions, watch over all the ongoings, and generally keep the business running smoothly. That can make it really hard to step back and look at your marketing with a fresh pair of eyes.
An agency, however, is just learning about your business and taking a look at it from an outsider’s point of view: an objective point of view (just like your potential customers.) While sometimes it can be hard to let go of the reins and let an agency do what’s best for your business, it’s really in your best interest to let an expert take a look at your marketing from a new, completely objective point of view.
Summing Things Up The potential advantages of working with an agency are pretty big!
To recap, our top advantages:
1) You’re Always At The Forefront Of The Latest Change 2) Reliability & Accountability 3) Think Of Them As Part Of Your Team 4) You Keep Your Focus On Business Growth 5) You Get Advanced Insights From Advanced Tools (without the price) 6) You Gain Objectivity
To make the decision about working with an agency, you’ll want to set up some meetings with them and find one that fits with the culture of your business.